Tuesday 16 February 2016

Sixteeth letter to Khodayar


Dear Khodayar, I hope this letter finds you well. I wish that you will live a long and happy life. I couldn’t wish you any less, but I fear it is not so and all hope for you is dead. My concern, my love for you has come too late. I can only stir the ashes where you died, I can not touch your hand.
I hope that even after you have been killed I will keep your name, your words and your story alive. I hope that in doing so I will cheat the killers of their victory. I hope that in so doing I can make the stain of your death a little smaller. I would prefer if your life had been less eventful. If you had a family and a home and work. I would prefer if you hadn’t had to make the hero’s journey into danger. If so I would have never heard about you, you wouldn’t have died in a bush camp on the edge of this city. I remember you Khodayar Amini, and your friends Nasim Najafi, Reza Rezayee and Ahmad Ali Jaffari. Immagination is memory. Love Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment