Sunday 31 January 2016

13th letter to Khodayar


Dear Khodayar, may I offer you tea here in my house? The sound of children’s voices can be heard and the summer sun dances through the leaves. I have never looked on your face or heard the sound of your voice but your words are so familiar to me. Now that I have you here at my table our friendship can begin again, with the veil of death removed from between us.
We can forget the little things like country, language and religion, and talk about love and work – about life and suffering. How much time left together do we have? Life can be so long, so short. Tell me that your name means friend of God. Tell me about your family’s death. Lay down your words that I know will be read and understood. Let me hear you laugh as well as cry. Make yourself at home. Love Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment