Friday 18 October 2019

Today marks the day four years ago on the 18th of October 2015 when Khodayar Amini died.


Khodayar deserved to have safety, to have freedom and to stay alive. He didn't find any of these things in Australia.

When I mention Khodayar's name I think of all those who have died and have been harmed by Australia's brutal border policies.







“I, Khodayar Amini, write the following few sentences with my blood for those apathetic so called human beings. Yes they did this to me, with slogans of humanity, sentenced me to death. My crime was that I was a refugee. They tortured me for 37 months and during all these times they treated me in the most cruel and inhumane way. They violated my basic human right and took away my human dignity with their false and so called humane slogans. They killed me as well as many of my friends such as: Nasim Najafi, Reza Rezayee and Ahmad Ali Jaffari. They were my friends and their crime was that they had sought asylum in Australia.

“I write this statement with my blood for those who call themselves human beings, I ask you to stand up for the rights of refugees and stop people being killed just because they have become refugees. Humanity is not a slogan; every human being has the right to live. Living shouldn’t be a crime anymore. Red Cross, Immigration and the Police killed me with their slogans of humanity and cruel treatments.”
Khodayar Amini, 18 October, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment