Tuesday 31 October 2017

34th letter for Khodayar Amini


Dear Khodayar, it is two years since your death. Over that time I try to keep your memory alive, as do several other people who know you and love you. We keep your memory alive in our minds and by talking to others about you and your story. We keep your memory alive through art that celebrates your message to us all.
Recently I have travelled with my wife to a different country. I mailed you letters from there expressing my love for you. There must be some corner of this earth where someone knows how to get in touch with you.
Our bus was stopped by soldiers with guns. Just a routine check, nothing to be concerned about, as long as our papers are in order. We handed over our passports and answered their questions. Then they let us continue on our way. They decided to let us pass that day. I thought of you often in the different cities that we visited. I am sorry that you were trapped, and that there was no way out from suffering for you except death. The world is so big and can be so beautiful but our cages stopped you finding the things that you needed to nourish you and keep you alive and safe. We built these cages, we denied you the things we already have and that you sorely needed. Love Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment